- Only approved City street trees may be planted within the City Right of Way (ROW)
- Each street has a "designated" street tree, which is to be the species planted unless other wise approved by the director.
- Standard ROW for Old Orchard I is a 12-foot easement, meaning any tree within 12 ft is considered a City street tree (unless an unapproved tree has been planted without a permit, which resident can be responsible to remove at homeowners expense)
- The Urban Forestry Div has a 5- year pruning cycle (this means that the City is divided up into 13 different zones, your area will be pruned 1 time every 5-years)
- At no cost to the resident, City contractors or City staff maintains City trees. If the resident wishes to have service between the 5 year cycle, then the resident has the option of calling the Urban Forestry Division and request service or request a permit be issued to have service from a private contractor at the homeowners expense. The permit may be denied for the following reasons.
- City staff has determined maintenance is not needed.
- Private contractor may not meet minimum requirements:
||License, bonded, insured
||Certified Arborist under the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA)
The permit for tree service is issued at no cost to the resident, but MUST be on-site during work on City Tree. Please note that any maintenance on a city tree MUST be done according to ISA standards.
This information is to be used only as a guideline
The copy of City Ordinance 90-15 designated for street trees has the final say and explains in detail ALL INFORMATION REGARDING STREET TREES within the City of Santa Clarita. Residents of Old Orchard I are invited to call me at anytime for questions regarding street trees.
Please remember that NO City tree may be removed without a permit, a $500 fine may be imposed.
Are you missing a street tree?
If so, the Urban Forestry Division will plant at no cost, up to a 24” box tree in the 12’ city Right-of-Way in your front yard.
For more information please CLICK HERE to visit the City of Santa Clarita's website or to contact call (661) 294-2567.